Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Final Thoughts from Mrs. Resseguie

“West Virginia, mountain momma, take me home”

Hello all! Now that I have had a few days to rest up and process the events of the past week I cannot help but beam with pride over our success. You young men have once again shown me how determined, fun loving, humble, and capable you are. Over the past week I observed how you overcame individual uncertainties and fears in order to step out of your comfort zone and help those truly in need. This years’ trip took us to a new location where none of us knew what to expect. It's hard to imagine an area so impoverished that 40% of the population is without a job, when we live in relative luxury. Each of you showed great compassion as we began work on George and Angel's home, and GREAT determination as we stayed late on our last workday to finish what we started. This being my third mission trip with the Mount Saint Joseph men I am still blown away by the growth I see not only in the week I spend with the young men, but also in the growth I see from those returning for a second year. God willing I will be able to further my observations next year...

Now, for those of you young men who had the privilege of riding in the Armada, you will understand these quote’s… for the rest of you, your music education will continue next year. So I will say farewell and leave you with some words of wisdom from none other than Johnny Cash…

“I wear the black for those who never read,
Or listened to the words that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through love and charity,
Why, you’d think He’s talking straight to you and me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment