Monday, April 18, 2011

Day One by Tom

Blog #1 – Tom

Our first day was pretty intense. We woke around 7 AM, ate breakfast, and then prepared for our long day. The site was exactly as I expected. As we started working, I started to wonder “Wow. How can anyone live like this?” The room that we cleaned contained items varying from shotgun shells to glitter. We also cleaned out an interesting refrigerator. The smell was a mix between rotten potatoes and peppers. We ripped the siding off, but most of the demolition work will be saved until tomorrow. I feel pretty beat, but I look forward to the week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dave and the MSJ crew! just wanted to say how proud I am to work with you and teach in a community that shows a commitment to making the world a better place through hard work, time, and service. I should join you next year!!
    Enjoy and thanks for the updates! Mary ZImmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone! I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way. It sounds like you're having quite an experience. You can know that you are doing good for others and being a great example for the Mount community.

    --Ms. Richmond

    ReplyDelete